Next Stop: Montreal Mon Ami


It's been three years since I've dipped my feet into the European charm of Montreal. I love the city's dynamic energy and elegant architecture. Of course, I also love the legendary Montreal Jazz Fest, the world's biggest jazz festival. Thanks to Tourisme Que'bec, I'll experience more of the city's gifts, from the also legendary circus arts festival, Montreal Completement Cirque, pictured above, to the museums and bustling neighborhoods. Montreal nightlife is the focus for this trip so I'll be documenting the exciting foodie scene as well as the nightclubs and non-stop festivals. I'm especially excited about pedaling through a night bike tour of the Mount Royal neighborhood and a visit to Bota Bota, the floating spa fashioned from an old ferryboat and boasting sublime views of the St. Lawrence River. So stay tuned for culinary, music and arts posts soon.

Comments

Andrew said…
Sounds wonderful, Rosalind. I'll stay tuned, for sure!
Fly Girl said…
Thanks Andrew! I'll have a Montreal post up in the next few days.
Bon voyage, mon amie! :-)

Re rice, some people boil it separately and then add it to the stew. I sometimes do it like that, but I like my rice to be infused with the herbs and spices I use, so I toss it in when the oil begins to dry up a bit.

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Cubano, the infusion sounds really good, I just find it hard not to overcook the rice that way.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons