Snow on the Mountain and the Christmas Candle



Okay, so I'm not over Christmas yet. I just started feeling it last week and now it's over. Blogger was also not cooperating during Christmas week and I couldn't post these lovely pics. So this will be my last holiday post.

Silver bells and twinkling lights might signal the holiday season up North but in Barbados, the vibrant blooms of yellow Christmas Candle pants means that the season has started. The island doesn't get any snow but the delicate white blossoms of the Snow on the Mountain plant cover the hills just as prettily. Both plants bloom only during the winter months when temperatures drop into the cool low 80s.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The yellow Christmas flower looks good enough to eat. Happy New Year!
Anonymous said…
Thanks Wendy, Happy New Year to you too!
Anonymous said…
The yellow flower is really gorgeous.
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year Fly Girl! Looking forward to following your travels
Anonymous said…
Looking forward to taking you all with me on my jouneys as well!
Anonymous said…
Hello,

Are you in Barbados for Christmas? If you are...then, what a lucky lucky lucky girl you are!

By the way, my blog was nominated for the 2008 Weblog Awards in the Best Travel Blog category. Check out the link above for voting. Voting limited to 1 per day until Jan. 13, 2009.

Thanks for your support!

-Jen Laceda
Anonymous said…
Hi Jen,
No I'm not in Barbados, I'm in snowy Chicago! I'll check out your link and vote for your blog, congrats!

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons