Thankfulness and Passports With A Purpose



Thanksgiving always helps me remember how fortunate I am. My life has been graced with much joy and opportunity, qualities that may be fleeting for people struggling for daily survival. Although I don't always remember to be grateful for every benefit I'm granted, this year has been a magical time of mind-blowing accomplishments and fulfilled dreams for so many. It makes me believe that despite the economy and the wars and the suffering, the world will get better.



An example of this rush to kindness and hope is Passports With A Purpose. Last month, four Seattle travel bloggers decided to organize a fundraiser for Heifer International. As travel bloggers, we often witness the crushing inequities of poverty around the world. Heifer International is an inspiring charity that helps to end hunger and poverty while caring for the earth. The organization provides livestock and sound agricultural training in 57 countries, including the U.S. Their programs develop self-sufficiency for families, through food and income from livestock products. I'm honored to join this wonderful cause and spread the love. The raffle prize that I'm offering are two tickets for the culturally and gastronomically filling Taste of Harlem food and culture tour. Anyone living (that means you Wendy and Anja) or visiting New York in the next year should consider buying a $10 raffle ticket for this rich experience. I'll post the specific details for the fundraiser and raffle on December 1. The raffle runs through December 30 so please keep it in mind during the holiday season.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, dear
Congratulations...great job!!!
If I was in NY I would be glad to buy and help you helping people.
I do the same im my country.
I believe that´s better teatching them how to fish then giving them a fish...
Wish you happiness and peace.
Solange
Anonymous said…
I'm also participating and will def buy a ticket or 2 for the prize you are offering. Awesome!
Anonymous said…
Thanks Solange, I wish I could read Portugese, (speaking it was hard enough!) your blog looks interesting.
Thanks Wendy, I'll check out your raffle too!
Anonymous said…
great job,my friend...keep up d good work!!
Anonymous said…
Thanks, keep up your great travel blog as well!
Anonymous said…
What a great cause it is! I will also be participating as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons